I’ve found someone to work with. Thank you!
THIS OPPORTUNITY HAS BEEN CLOSED
I’m looking for a part-time project manager to work with to help support continued growth and accessibility initiatives for Walk Around Philadelphia.
The work will cycle between planning and production phases, with the majority of the work being flexible planning and administrative work, and increased time commitment required during production phases.
The ideal candidate is curious about the city and their neighbors, has a passion for social justice supported by both strong administrative skills and interpersonal ones, and is capable of maintaining focus while navigating the shifting needs of an organically evolving creative project.
I’m looking to hire someone for the new year, and would welcome your help in connecting me with the right person if you know someone who might be a good fit. There’s a job posting here in the Cultural Alliance’s job bank, or you can see below for more info.
- Manage project scheduling, participant signups etc
- Correspond w/ participants, partners, media
- Track goals & budget
- Research & administer grant applications
- Gather participant stories, media & data
- Serve as thought partner to help shape project’s next steps
- Manage venue & production needs
- Basic admin like helping inventory supplies, transcribing consent forms
- Help document production phases through photo, video & audio recordings
- Coordinate in-the-field intercept logistics for media, project participants etc
- Project management & tracking
- Communications & interpersonal skills
- File management, Google Workspace & spreadsheets
- Self-directed & flexible, able to adapt as project evolves
- Capacity to track many parallel correspondence threads with project partners & participants
- Capacity to work with closely with an individual artist
- Commitment to Philadelphia, plan to be here ~18 months or longer
- Valid driver’s license
- Event production experience
- Familiarity w/ CRM software, Adobe Suite & WordPress
- Map reading & geospatial sense, aptitude for logistics & timing
- Budget & finance experience
- Fluency in language(s) (other than English & French) helpful for connecting with populations in Philadelphia (Spanish, Chinese, Arabic, Russian, etc…)
- Fundraising (knowledge of Philadelphia funder landscape and/or experience with individual fundraising / crowdfunding)
- Social media proficiency
- Having a car
- Ability to lift 25 lbs
- Familiarity w/ SEPTA, Philadelphia geography
Scheduling & Compensation:
- Part time contract position w/ a few weeks of more intense production needs.
- January 2022 start.
- $16 – $20/hr commensurate w/ experience
- ~400 hrs annually
- Most weeks ~8hrs / week expected.
- ~ 50% of time meeting / co-working w/ JJ (either in-person in W. Philly or virtual)
- ~ 50% self-directed / work from home.
As walk events are scheduled, administrative & logistical support from the project manager increases to ~15-25hrs inclusive of weekends, some work on-site at various locations around the city’s perimeter.
Those are currently scheduled for:
- Mid February
One or two more TBD as partnerships unfold.
Public health precautions for pandemic times
Option for hybrid work from home, my studio @ The Cedar Works in West Philadelphia and/or other meeting locations as mutually agreeable.
- Please be covid-vaccinated.
- The walk and our work together will adhere to all current public health guidelines.
About Walk Around Philadelphia
Walk Around Philadelphia is an ongoing exploration of the city’s perimeter and effort to increase access to this unique experience for all sorts of people.
Born out of a 4 person artist residency in 2016, Walk Around Philadelphia has evolved into a biannual pilgrimage that artist JJ Tiziou has continued to develop and invite other participants into. So far, over 300 Philadelphians have embarked upon it. With the support of the project manager, the next iterations of the walk will increase, broaden & deepen participation, building a more inclusive and equitable community experience. For more information on the project, visit www.WalkAroundPhiladelphia.com
About JJ Tiziou
JJ is an artist and community organizer. His 85,000 sq ft How Philly Moves mural (the largest piece of public art in the city) was recognized by Americans for the Arts as one of the nation’s best pieces of public art. He also hosts house concerts, works as a licensed massage therapist and serves as block captain. JJ was recognized by Leadership Philadelphia as one of the city’s ‘Creative Connectors’ and is the recipient of the Spiral Q Artist-Activist award.
JJ has walked the full perimeter of the city eight times and devoted himself to facilitating access to this unique experience for others. He is both delighted and daunted by the interest that the walk has received, and looks forward to working closely with the project manager to continue to develop the project. For more on JJ & his work, visit www.jjtiziou.net
How to apply: Apply by email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the following subject line: Walk Project Manager + [your name] Include 1page cover letter explaining why you’re interested in this role and why you’d be great at it. Optional: Include resume, website / social media links Candidates will be reviewed on a rolling basis, with preference to applications received by Dec 31.