- Because every single human body is sacred and deserving of care.
- Because our spirit/mind is inextricably entwined with this meat/flesh that we are made of.
- Because our bodies are asked to carry so much, and are given so few opportunities to be supported.
- Because our world has so many screens and so many chairs, and we were not made for this.
- Because there are so many crises ( & urgencies, worries about the future, attachments to the past, etc) and massage is an opportunity to slow down & just focus on what’s going on right here, right now.
- Because, if the simple fact that it feels good weren’t enough, (which it is…) massage might help provide space for healing and transformation.
My name’s JJ Tiziou.
I’m a Licensed Massage Therapist based in West Philly. (LMT# MSG013959)
I came to massage via a circuitous route that meandered through coffeeshops and biochemistry labs, photojournalism and activism, a wedding photography career and a public art practice.
I offer full body integrative massages, occasional Thai massage, chair/seated sessions, and occasional hand massage stations.
I’m working with a smaller group of trusted clients, committing to adhering to specific guidelines, and limiting some of my services until the pandemic is behind us. [ more info ]
How to prepare for your session, what to expect during it, what to do afterwards, and answers to other frequently asked questions… [ more info ]
Scheduling, cancellations, locations, gratuities, confidentiality, hygiene, etc… [ more info ]
I offer a sliding scale between my ‘standard’ and ‘supporter’ rates and some discounted and pro-bono community sessions. [ more info ]
In order to keep us both safe and minimize transmission in our communities, I’m working with some modified protocols, asking for specific commitments from my clients and offering a few of my own. [ more info ]
If you’d like to work together after having reviewed the info above, get in touch via email: email@example.com or text message to 267-251-5464.