Event Status: WAITLIST
Join the Winter 2024 Walk Around Philadelphia!
We’ll be setting out to explore the city’s edge counterclockwise over three weekends in February.
PLEASE REGISTER INDIVIDUALLY for EACH segment that you plan to attend.
Register for this segment:
You're signing up to walk on Sunday February 11th, 10am, from Torresdale towards Somerton.
- Meet in front of the Three Monkeys Café (by the Torresdale regional rail stop of the Trenton line)
9645 James St, Philadelphia, PA 19114
- We'll be coming in on the train from Center City
- This segment includes an option to meet early for breakfast at Three Monkeys Café at 9am
- We might also have an option to end with snacks in Somerton as well.
- This segment is estimated to take roughly 12 -15 miles and 6 – 7 hours. The terrain may include much potential for off-roading in brambles in the creek-bed, but also roads & sidewalks.
- Your mileage, terrain and endpoint may vary depending on choices made by your group; you can always choose to walk a partial segment & depart / get picked up along the way.
Getting to/from the start & finish:
Using SEPTA to access departure and end locations is highly recommended.
See the FAQ.
Registration fees & contributions:
Walk registration fees cover some of the administrative and logistical costs associated with facilitating the walk. Additional contributions help make this experience more accessible to others.
Free registrations & stipends:
If finances are a barrier, please reach out to email@example.com. We can accommodate some free registrations and have a limited number of stipends available. No one turned away for lack of funds.
Sign up for updates
Exhibitions & Installations
from 1st Jun 2023 to 1st Jun 2030
Excited about the walk and want to go out and do a segment on your own? Register here to get support materials and plug in to the larger community of perimeter walkers.