Event Status: Available
We're were looking forward to seeing you today @ The Cedars House today but they just decided not to open after all.
Our bonus walks are continuing as planned, but our post-walk hangout will be at Bruno's (just two blocks away at the corner of Germantown and Northwestern)
To catch the exhibit of Walk Around Philadelphia photos, you'll need to come back when the café's open (9-3 on a fri/sat/sun)
Optional bonus walks:
- Meet at The Cedars House @ 2:15 for an out & back walk
Contacts: Graham – (703) 625-5868 / Ana-Rita – (215) 384-4757
- Meet at Wissahickon Transportation Center* at 1pm
Contact: JJ – 267-251-5464
-jj & the perimeter walkers
The Cedars House café is NOT the same place as The Cedar Works where JJ sometimes hosts events in West Philly. Today's event is located in Chestnut Hill where Forbidden Drive intersects Northwestern Ave!
* The Wissahickon Transporation Center (where we'll be meeting at the start of the trail) is NOT the same place as the Wissahickon Regional Rail Station (which is a 5 min walk further up the hill)
Come celebrate the sweet new exhibit of Walk Around Philadelphia photos @ The Cedars House café on Forbidden Drive!
There'll be complimentary wine & cheese;
Pastries, hot cider & hot chocolate will be available for purchase from the café.
Drop-in anytime 4-6pm. We'd love to see you there.
BONUS WALK OPTIONS:
- Show up at 2:15pm to grab a warm beverage & then head out for an out & back walk before the reception
- Join a crew walking the full length of the Wissahickon from the Wissahickon Transportation Center (1pm start to get to The Cedars House by 4pm)
The exhibit is also open anytime the café is:
9am-3pm on Fri/Sat/Sun.
The exhibit will be open through the end of February. Tell your friends to check it out… or better yet: invite them for a walk in the Wissahickon (maybe along the Andorra Meadow section of the perimeter?) and end your walk there!
Sign up for updates
Exhibitions & Installations
from 1st Jun 2023 to 1st Jun 2030
Excited about the walk and want to go out and do a segment on your own? Register here to get support materials and plug in to the larger community of perimeter walkers.